Apologetics: ə-pŏl'ə-jĕt'ĭks from the Greek απоλоγία Def: The branch of theology that is concerned with defending or proving the truth of Christian doctrines.

Iron Sharpening Iron. . .

Written By Esthermay Bentley-Goossen on 06 October 2008

Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend.
~Proverbs 27:17

Rachel at Musings of a Future Pastor's Wife nominated me for this Brillante Award! Honestly, I have no clue what this means to the blogging kingdom since The Heart of a Pastor's Wife pretty much exists among the cobwebs of the blog-world. Nevertheless, imagine me now in a elegant sparkling evening dress (probably black or navy) accepting the award and thanking God and my briliante husband and my children and Rachel and my cat. . . . (Yeah - right!!) But in all seriousness. . .

Rachel’s kind comments about The Heart of a Pastor's Wife really touched me. Thank you, Rachel! She received the award from another blogger and her award is well-deserved. This girl does blog up a storm (no pun intended -- she lives in New Orleans and I first met her as she was evacuating from Gustav).


Be prepared when you visit her. She does prattle, but she'd got depth and spiritual maturity. Check out her blog: Musings of Future Pastor's Wife. She does a fair amount of serious musing!


Anyhow, as I understand it, the idea behind the Brillante Weblog Award is to honor blogs that provide quality content on a consistent basis; and increase their readership and following by using the always well-received "link".


Iron really does sharpen iron in the world of Christian bloggers. I am amazed when I look at those sitemeter referrals and see how many people have included a link to the The Heart of a Pastor's Wife on their own blogs and websites. I've been humbled over and over by the kind words of commenters. I get inspired when I read e-mails from my readers and followers. My writing is only enhanced in that I am faced with my own personal biases and weaknesses by those who lovingly take the time to contact me. I have all the more greater responsibility to stay true to God's Word in all I do and say and write. (I've strayed from the point here.) but. . . (What else is new?)


As a recipient of the award, it is my responsibility to pay it forward and award the honor to seven more much deserving bloggers. This was an easy decision for me. You will find Quality Content in these blogs. Please visit them.


And my choices are. . .


Amy's Blog: Beautiful Descent



Laurie Ann's Blog A Magnolia's Heart Beat

Michelle's Blog: Because I Love You

Patricia's Blog: Typing One Handed

Karen's Blog: Karen's Kids Corner

_____________________________
For the winners:
Here are the [no penalty for not following] rules:


1) Add the logo of the award to your blog.

2) Add a link to the person who awarded it to you.
3) Nominate at least 7 other blogs.
4) Add links to those blogs on your own blog.
5) Leave a message for your nominees via e-mail or on their blogs.

Click HERE to visit my BlogRoll for more links to quality blogs and websites!

-Esthermay Bentley-Goossen

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know I prattled. I'll have to watch that. ;)

Starting my Hebrews SOAPs today. Just thought I'd give you a heads-up because I'd love your input.

Barbara said...

Congratulations!

Laurie Ann said...

Congratulations, and thank you so much!!!! You are a jewel.

Page Navigation